PRESENT: Joseph Ferris, Sara Young-Knox, Brian Hastings, Jim Hill, and Kevin Richard. The meeting was held at the Albany Town Hall.
- Chair Ferris called the meeting to order at 5:30 p.m.
- Approval of Minutes (6-9-16) – Sara Young-Knox moved to approve the minutes of June 9, 2016. The motion was seconded by Joe Ferris and passed 2-0-0.
- Public – none
- Board Member – none
- Signing of Manifest – The manifest was signed as presented.
- Business Affairs
- Attendance at Meetings – Joe (4), Sara (2)
- Meeting with CES Principal to Discuss Transportation Options – Brian Hastings, Principal of Conway Elementary School, discussed the process for bus charges to parents/guardians. MacIver Transportation is charging a $50 fee for bringing students back to school if no one is home, and Mr. Hastings would like that charge passed on to parents/guardians. The Board will give the principal discretion on the first offense and emergencies. Mr. Hastings will send out letter to all parents/guardians.
- FYI – Summary of Expenses and Receipts for 2015-16 – Kevin reviewed this report.
- Correspondence from Becky Jefferson (School District Assessment 2015-16 Overpayment – The correspondence was reviewed.
- Superintendent’s Report
- The Joint Boards meeting is September 15th at 6:00 p.m. in the CPDC.
- Board Member Vacancy – No one is interested at this time.
- Discussed potential of Albany students (home school and non-tuitioned to KMS) participating in co-curricular activities at the 7th and 8th grade level. The Albany School District is obligated to pay
- Any Other Business
A. Set Date for Next Meeting – The next meeting will be on November 8th at 5:30 p.m.
- Public Comments – Steve Knox asked about enrollments at Conway schools. Kevin noted that it is 265+ at Conway Elementary and Pine Tree School and approximately 230 at John Fuller School. Mr. Knox also asked if Conway would be closing a facility and Kevin answered not at this time. Mr. Knox asked if there would be any benefit if the town fiscal year were the same as the school fiscal year.
- Sara Young-Knox moved to adjourn. The motion was seconded by Joe Ferris and passed 2-0-0 at 6:00 p.m.
Superintendent of Schools