TOWN OF ALBANY
PHASE II – TOWN HALL OPERATIONS
DURING COVID-19 PANDEMIC
The Town of Albany appreciates your patience while we all try to find the right balance of providing all the services you want and need while continuing to protect the health and safety of the public and employees. Thank you so much for your help with this.
Town Hall will be opened on a limited basis, effective Monday, May 18. 2020 at 9:00 a.m. under the following conditions:
- The front door will remain locked from the outside, while any authorized person(s) is/are in building.
- Employees/Committee Members/Board Members shall answer the attached screening questions each day/evening they enter the building and sign their responses. The Town Clerk/Tax Collector, Deputy Tax Collector, Town Administrator or anyone who will be in the building multiple days in a row shall fill out the screening questions at the beginning of each week and notify the Board of Selectmen immediately if any answer to any question changes. In addition, employees, board and committee members will be asked to take their temperature (with thermometer provided) and log it on their screening form. Any person logging a temperature over 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit will not be allowed to enter the building.
- Residents, or members of the public shall make an appointment and be provided, via email, with the screening form, in advance, or upon arrival at town hall. No one shall be admitted to the building until this document is completed. We request that only one person keep the appointment, unless both need to sign a document and then only until the documents are signed. Staff shall wipe down any surfaces (counters) or equipment (pens, clipboards, etc.) that are used in between each and every transaction.
- Residents, or members of the public who have made an appointment will be required to wear a face covering. If they do not have access to a face covering, one will be provided. Any resident, or member of the public who is not willing to wear a face covering will be encouraged to access their services on-line, or be serviced in the town hall parking lot. If it is necessary for an employee to service a client in the parking lot, the employee shall wear a mask and gloves. Gloves shall be changed between each customer.
- Front door handles (inside and outside) and the TC/TX and TA counters will be disinfected regularly throughout the day by the staff.
- Town Hall restrooms will not be open to the public until further notice and shall be cleaned after any staff member uses them by that staff member.
Please note: This policy is set by the Board of Selectmen. If you are aggrieved by this policy please email the selectmen at email@example.com, or contact the office about being put on the next selectmen’s meeting agenda (603-447-6038)
PUBLIC NOTICE – TOWN OF ALBANY
In response to the current COVID-19 health crisis and the President’s National Emergency Declaration, Governor’s Emergency Declaration, the most recent Emergency Order #17, the Albany Select Board is evaluating information from the New Hampshire NHHS, the NH DOS and the EOC, on a weekly basis, and react/adapt, accordingly.
The Town of Albany would like to make residents aware that a great deal of town business can be conducted either by phone, email, on-line services or US Mail. Please consider avoiding unnecessary exposure by accessing our on-line services at www.albanynh.org.
The Board of Selectmen is also suggesting that properly noticed and posted scheduled meetings be viewed from home at townhallstreams.com to limit possible exposure. We will keep you informed as the emergency crisis changes.
Public participation with regards to public comment for all Albany Select Board, Planning Board, ZBA, Conservation Commission, School Board, ASOC committee, Chapel Committee meetings can be initiated by dialing/calling 1-480-660-5317 and when prompted enter conference call code 540682. When you call in, the Chairman of that committee/board will instruct callers and committee/board members how the conference call participation will be conducted. Please listen and be patient.
SELECTMEN’S OFFICE: If you have business with the Selectmen, please call 447-6038 and leave a message, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will call or email you back to answer any questions or if it is an emergency we will schedule an appointment as outlined above.
For information on the COVID-19 virus dial/call 2-1-1 or go to www.nh.gov/covid19/
PLEASE BE SURE TO REMEMBER TO WASH YOUR HANDS REGULARLY, COVER WHEN YOU COUGH & SNEEZE, KEEP YOUR SOCIAL DISTANCE, DO NOT TOUCH YOUR FACE WITH YOUR HANDS, DISINFECT SURFACES REGULARLY
WE WILL GET THROUGH THIS TOGETHER!
Town Clerk/Tax Collector Office
In response to the current health crisis, and Governor Sununu’s most recent emergency order, #17, effective May 18, 2020 our office is OPEN, by appointment only, until further notice.
We continue to encourage you to stay home if you can…
Most transactions can be completed online or by US Mail for motor vehicle renewal, dog licenses, birth/marriage/death certificate requests and tax payments*. Please call if you need assistance with this process.
Town Clerk/Tax Collector’s Office (603) 447-2877
Please call with any questions or send an email to town